Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Carty House in Ottawa-- can anyone help?

Yesterday I spoke with Jackie, a representative of Carty House. As I explained in a previous posting, Carty House is a communal residence in Ottawa that provides transitional housing for female refugee claimants and convention refugees. Carty House does not get funds from the government and operates based on donations from the general public. 

For more details see: http://www.cartyhouse.org/

I asked Jackie what their most immediate needs are right now and here is the list she gave me:

* Space heater

* Coffee table

* Pantry shelving unit

* Small TV

* Area Rug

* Small desk

* Double sized bed

* Dining table

*Winter jackets

* Winter boots

I will add that Carty House also accepts food and personal hygiene items,and of course money donations.

If you are in a position to help with this, please let me know!

Shawn Smith
shawnsmith1964@gmail.com